Golden Berry Granola Bars make for the perfect afternoon snack. Made with the freeze dried golden berry, these granola bars are lightly sweet, tart and salty all at once, these superfood packed bars are both healthy and delicious.
I have lately been dreaming about creating my own granola mix and granola bars.
Like envisioning myself as the new Mrs. Fields — but in the granola instead of the cookies market. I only recently fell head over heels with granola actually. All of a sudden something clicked and once Dave purchased a bag of granola to munch on in Croatia I was hooked.
Somehow no matter where I was in the room, I gravitated towards the bag of granola and flat out thought of nothing else until the bag was licked clean.
Seriously in love with granola. And once you fall in love with granola you start to realize that the granola bar market is seriously lacking. There are so many over sweetened super unhealthy not even delicious granola bars out there.
Have you seen the ingredient lists of some of those bars? Umm like 16+ ingredients. Seriously? Totally unnecessary. And a lot of those contain all sorts of artificial sweeteners as well as additives and preservatives.
Why are we adding all of these fake sugar substitutes and ingredients that you cannot even pronounce? Granola bars are simple. A few dried fruits, some nuts, oats, and honey (or maple syrup).
It doesn’t need to be so complicated. There doesn’t need to high fructose corn syrup, soy lecithin, or hydrogenated oils.
Natural and delicious is what I’m talking about. And hence, these golden berry granola bars.
And these granola bars have an added special touch – a superfood. Freeze dried golden berries. Golden berries are incredibly high in vitamins A, C, fiber and antioxidants.
And these little bundles of deliciousness are also ever so slightly tart and just bursting with flavor. They are seriously my favorite snack so to stop myself from eating the whole bag in one sitting I made these golden berry granola bars.
The freeze dried golden berries are definitely the perfect way to add some crunch and they certainly do their part in these golden berry granola bars.
Granola bars are so easy to make at home with a mix of dried fruit, nuts, coconut flakes, almond butter and honey (or maple syrup). After baking sprinkle with a bit of sea salt to give these the perfect balance of sweet, tart and salty.
Not sure you can find a healthier and more delicious on the go afternoon snack or quick breakfast treat. So, next time skip the store bought and make a huge batch of these golden berry granola bars at home instead. These are great for breakfast or as a snack. I can basically eat them all day long, and I’m sure you’ll love these just as much as I do.
Please let me know what you think of these golden berry granola bars in the comments below!
- 1/2 cup organic raw cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup organic raw almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey use maple syrup for vegan version
- 1/4 cup freeze dried golden berries crushed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries optional
- splash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Line a 6x6 baking pan with parchment paper and add granola mix to the pan.
- Use extra sheet of parchment paper to place on top of the granola mix just to flatten and even out the mixture. Remove the top parchment paper before baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned (I prefer baking them longer). Sprinkle baked bars with sea salt (optional)
- Wait until mix has cooled before slicing into bars.
Recipe Adapted from Not Your Standard