This roasted mushroom and artichoke salad make for the perfect appetizer and is ready within minutes. Gluten free and vegan too!
While I was home I visited the grocery store a lot. Some people like to go on clothing shopping sprees – not me, too stressful for me – I’m for of a supermarket shopper.
So it’s no surprise I was regularly at Whole Foods.
And as I was waiting for something at the deli counter I happened to glance over at the prepared foods section.
Now I had no intention of ordering anything from there, I was trying to fit in as much cooking in as possible while I was home, but I was just curious what they had over there.
One dish in particular caught my eye. There was a mushroom and artichoke salad with red peppers and some green herbs. Cue the lightbulb going off in my head.
Talk about a dinner appetizer.
I would make my own version of this mushroom and artichoke salad at home.
Incredible. 15 minutes start to finish and you have a delicious home made meal starter. Take that whole foods prepared food sections.
Make this mushroom and artichoke salad yourself at home.
How to make mushroom and artichoke salad
15 minutes start to finish and you have a sophisticated delicious appetizer. Vegan and gluten free.
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 portabella mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup canned/marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Set mushrooms aside and add garlic. Cook until just aromatic and mix with mushrooms.
- To the pan add red pepper and artichoke hearts. Cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Turn off heat. Add cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Serve warm.