This Quinoa Artichoke Salad with Sundried Tomatoes & Chicken has it all. Every distinct flavor of the ingredients are just deliciously appetizing! Also, it is gluten-free.
We just spent two weeks in Poland and it’s an interesting place. Underrated and overlooked.
Not sure I knew what to expect from Poland before we got there but it certainly wasn’t charming towns, which lo and behold the country is actually full of.
Yes, many places were almost completely destroyed in World War II, but to their defense they did a spectacular job rebuilding the cities and old towns to look as they did before.
The country has good food, variety of beers, cities, beaches, natural sites, and better yet it is significantly cheaper than Western Europe.
One thing Poland does not have though?
I looked everywhere and did not find a single trace of quinoa in any of the stores. Guess it hasn’t made it’s way over there yet.
So as soon as we crossed the border into Germany I started my quinoa search there and luckily as I was walking past a health food shop, something told me to turn around and go in.
And there it was on the lower shelf, my beloved quinoa.
I bought 2 bags. YAY! Quinoa shopping win to make my dayyyyy!
So I hope you’re ready for a slew of quinoa recipes.
This one’s a good one though – quinoa artichoke salad with sundried tomatoes, chicken and feta, the whole gang’s here.
I shouldn’t have to convince you.
This quinoa artichoke salad with sundried tomatoes is Just Yum.
Let me know what you think of this quinoa artichoke salad in the comments below! ANd if you love quinoa be sure to check out my quinoa chicken salad recipe too!
Quinoa Artichoke Salad with Chicken and Sundried Tomatoes makes for an easy weeknight dinner on the table in no time!
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced divided
- 1 pound chicken cut into slivers (omit for vegan or vegetarian version, use tofu instead)
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto vegan for vegan version
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 10 sun dried tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cut into cubes (omit for dairy free or vegan version)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 6-10 artichoke hearts pieces sliced
- salt/pepper to taste
- handful basil leaves slivered
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pot over medium heat. Add half the garlic and cook until aromatic. Add quinoa and cook, stirring occassionally until lightly toasted. Add water and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a bowl mix chicken slivers with 1 tablespoon basil pesto, salt and pepper to taste. Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat and place chicken in a single layer. Cook without moving for several minutes until browned then flip over and cook for several minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and slice into bite sized pieces.
- When quinoa is cooked through combine all ingredients, sprinkling with lemon juice.
To make this recipe dairy free, omit the feta