Where does the time go?
We’re not even currently traveling, just renting an apartment in Thailand, but there still seems to be no free time during the day.
Hours and hours seem to simply slip past my grip – who knows where they go…
I need to start keeping a time sheet. Just for myself. So that at day’s end I can at least pinpoint how many hours have been spent in total distraction or procrastination.
At least this blog allows me to have some proof of what I’ve been doing.
I know for a fact that yesterday I was making this mustard chicken salad somewhere around 1pm (thanks to the handy dandy timestamp on the camera).
A good start for the time sheet right?
On another note if you’re looking a for a healthy lunch option this mustard chicken salad is it. A great combo of ingredients and a killer dressing.
Seriously mustard + olive oil + lime juice is a match made in heaven.
Lime juice and whole grain dijon mustard are my two favorite ingredients right now. That and mayonnaise. All three together are awesome too, but I think I’ve been having too much mayo lately (full jar gone in a week? Too much?) so olive oil will have to do.
To make this mustard chicken salad easy use leftover rotisserie chicken – that way there is absolutely no cooking required. You just need to assemble this mustard chicken salad on top of leafy greens with avocado, green onions and cucumbers. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Lunch is ready!
Let me know what you think of this mustard chicken salad in the comments below. This is currently my go to lunch recipe and it’s much lighter than the heavy mayo loaded chicken salad. Use mustard instead as the base of the dressing and serve on lots of greens!
Healthy, low carb and high protein.
For other high protein salad recipes be sure to check out my chicken romaine salad.
A vibrant and refreshing mustard chicken salad that will bring your taste buds to life. A healthy lunch with chicken, cucumbers, avocado and almonds.
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-2 small cucumbers thinly sliced
- bag of salad greens or head of butterhead/Boston lettuce sliced
- 1-2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 lime juiced
- In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat pan over medium heat and lightly toast almonds until lightly browned (no oil, necessary)
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, cucumbers, salad greens, green onions, avocado and almonds.
- Top with dressing and toss until combined.