A super moist and light vegan gluten free banana bread recipe with just a hint of sweetness and rich chocolaty flavor. Only one bowl required.
Lately I’ve been finding bananas to be a bit boring. They just don’t really have that wow factor that other fruits have for me. Now mangos, papaya, watermelon, blackberries, starfruit – these I understand. They’re just bursting with flavor and and you feel rejuvenated and brought to life after a single bite.
Now that’s what I’m looking for in my fruit.
But bananas, meh, nothing too exciting about them if you ask me.
I do still have a need for them though. I need them to help my avocados ripen faster. Have you heard of this trick? To speed up the avocado ripening process place bananas and avocados in the brown paper bag together and leave in a dark place.
This is where the bananas really shine. I kid you not – if you’re sitting there waiting for those avocados to finally be soft enough to eat, throw a few bananas into the bag.
What to do with those bananas after they’ve worked their magic though?
Best idea I’ve had all week to turn my overripe lonely looking trio of bananas slowly deteriorating on the kitchen counter into a one bowl moist and delicious vegan gluten free banana bread recipe.
With just a light hint of sweetness and a scattering of rich dark chocolate chunks this vegan gluten free banana bread recipe makes for the perfect afternoon snack, breakfast or dessert.
You can really taste the banana flavor with a slighty nutty aftertaste thanks to the almond flour and butter.
Naturally you simply can’t go wrong with high quality rich dark chocolate bits either.
For when you’ve got a few bananas left over don’t hesitate and make this quick and moist vegan gluten free banana bread. Now I must warn you that this might not taste exactly like the banana bread of your childhood. You do need to take into account that this is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free so don’t go comparing it immediately to what you used to eat before. This is a healthier lightened up and guilt free version of banana bread. I personally loved this version of my vegan gluten free banana bread and highly recommend it to anyone on a gluten free or plant based diet.
Only one bowl required. Baking simply doesn’t get simpler than this. I am all about minimal clean up recipes because I am always easily capable of making an enormous mess in the kitchen so if I can limit the mess to one bowl, everyone is going to be happy! I’m all about the cooking, and not at all into the cleaning so the less equipment required in the recipe the better for me.
Let me know what you think of my one bowl vegan gluten free banana bread in the comments below:
A super moist and light vegan gluten free banana bread recipe with just a hint of sweetness and rich chocolately flavor. Only one bowl required.
- 1 chia egg 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 2.5 tablespoons water
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons agave
- 1 and 3/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- To make the chia egg combine chia seeds and water in a large mixing bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- To the bowl add the bananas and mash.
- To the same bowl add baking soda, salt, almond butter, coconut oil, sugar, and agave. Mix until smooth.
- Add the almond meal/flour, gluten free flour and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. You can tell when it's ready by checking that it is firm and the top is a bit cracked.
- Do not cut until the banana bread has cooled completely.
Recipe Adapted from Minimalist Baker