Mongolian Pork Stir Fry is a new spin on an old classic. Instead of flank steak, use Smithfield Boneless Center Cut Fresh Pork Loin to make this easy, 30-minute weeknight meal.
Cuisine: Asian, Asian Stir Fry
Calories: 453 kcal
- 1 pounds Smithfield Boneless Center Cut Fresh Pork Loin thinly sliced and cut into ½ inch by 1 inch strips
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup low sodium gluten free tamari
- ¼ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ¼ cup freshly cilantro chopped
- Optional: roasted chili garlic paste
- 1 cup rice cooked according to package directions
Toss Smithfield Boneless Center Cut Fresh Pork Loin with the cornstarch to coat. Shake off excess cornstarch.
Heat pan or wok over medium high heat. Add oil. Once hot, add the Smithfield Boneless Center Cut Fresh Pork Loin slices. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until pork is cooked through to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Remove the pork loin slices from the pan and set aside.
To the pan, add ginger and garlic. Cook until aromatic, for 1 minute.
To the pan, add water, tamari and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-4 minutes.
Add pork loin slices back into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until fully coated with the sauce.
Serve over rice, garnished with fresh cilantro and chili garlic paste (optional).
Thank you to Smithfield for sponsoring this post; as always all opinions expressed here are my own.
Mongolian Pork Stir Fry
Amount Per Serving
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Cholesterol 71mg 24%
Sodium 1684mg 70%
Potassium 557mg 16%
Total Carbohydrates 60g 20%
Protein 31g 62%
Vitamin A 1.4%
Vitamin C 1.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.