Since D came home the other night with a jumbo sized bag of mini reese’s peanut butter cups I had to find a way to use them somehow. Reese’s chocolate chips cookies came to the rescue. Though I’m going to need to make many batches of cookies to use up the reese’s, I have now at least made a dent in the bag.
I haven’t made cookies in a while so I knew a glass of milk with a plate full of warm freshly baked cookies would be a great surprise for D after his post work nap. Yes, unlike the majority of the working world, D still has time to pencil in daily naps. Holding onto his toddler roots, D gets tired and puts himself down for a nap. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 pm or 8 pm, when he’s tired, he is tired. I personally don’t feel like I have this freedom anymore. I definitely appreciate a good snooze in the middle of the day but just feel like I can’t take a nap after work since it’ll disrupt my entire sleep cycle, keep me up til 3am and make for a miserable sleep deprived next day of work.
Oh the joys of college when I’d come back from class at noon, shut the blinds and drift into a deep slumber before skipping off to the dining hall and sampling a bite of every fried food ever created. Those days are long gone.
Regardless, post nap or pre sleep a handful of soft warm cookies with a glass of milk can always brighten your day. Especially if you’re already a Reese’s superfan and love peanut butter in general – here’s looking at my boyfriend! He sure was quite pleased to wake up from his name to plateful of these!
Have you ever made Reese’s Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Let me know what you think of my Reese’s Chocolate Chip Cookies in the comments below!
Soft and creamy Reese's Chocolate Chip Cookies perfect as an afternoon treat.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's mini cups about 15 of them, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder, beating on low until combined.
- Add chopped reeses and chocolate chips, folding them into the cookie dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and using a medium scoop form the dough balls and flatten them out with your hand.
- Bake for 8 minute. Refrigerate or freeze remaining dough.