Ground Pork Burgers with Quinoa adds in a burst of sharp Thai flavors to the standard burger recipe. Easy to make and delicious. Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free.Ground Pork Burgers with Quinoa are my newest creation. I’m always brainstorming recipe ideas for different types of burgers and this Asian burger recipe for ground pork burgers is my newest creation. While my normal go to burger recipe are my zucchini chickpea burgers, I thought it was time for something different.
With the 4th of July coming up I’m sure everyone has grilling on the mind. This year with the 4th falling on a Friday this makes for a perfect 3 day weekend for all the full time workers out there (myself not included).
With the summer in full swing it’s the perfect time for a burger.
The basic ingredients for these ground pork burgers are: Ground pork, quinoa, lime, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce and the secret ingredient – the roasted Thai chili paste – yum yum yum.
With the addition of Thai ingredients this burger simply springs to life.
These ground pork burgers with quinoa have got sharp fresh flavors and are simply perfect without the bun, wrapped up in crispy lettuce leaves instead. The tangy sauce gets a nice kick from the roasted thai chili paste (seriously one of my favorite Thai ingredients) so drizzle that generously on these ground pork burgers.
So who says burgers can’t be light and low carb? The burger buns are optional. I know there are some who must have their burgers on bread and that’s totally fine, but I will always opt for the lettuce wrap for these ground pork burgers. Mostly because that way I won’t fill up on the bread and I’ll be able to enjoy at least 2 or 3 of these ground pork burgers! Know what I’m saying? Are you with me?
Try these Asian quinoa ground pork burgers as a new addition to your summer grilling meals, and let me know what you think in the comments below!
How to make my Asian quinoa ground pork burgers:
Asian Quinoa Ground Pork Burgers are filled with a burst of Thai flavors and ready in 30 mins. Easy to make and delicious. Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the burgers:
- 1/2 lime juice and zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1/3 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon gluten free tamari
- 1 teaspoon gluten free fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon roasted thai chili paste
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 lime juiced
- splash gluten free fish sauce
- splash gluten free tamari
- dollop of roasted thai chili paste
- Combine ingredients for the burgers in a large bowl. Mix until combined. With your hands form patties out of the mixture.
- In a small bowl combine sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Cook on the grill or heat pan over medium heat and add oil. Cook burgers for a few minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with sauce on burger buns or lettuce.
Recipe Adapted From Queen of Quinoa