Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe – I do love asparagus and this is gluten free! Add in a little Gruyere to make it more scrumptious.
I had some leftover bacon and a whole pound of asparagus, and since puff pastry is probably just as bad for you as bacon, (if not worse), I decided to deconstruct my puff pastry with gruyere and asparagus recipe and make this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe instead. And it was delicious. Not that it would have been bad with just the bacon and asparagus but I know the addition of the other ingredients only made it better.
I do love asparagus. Although I do think I should start bringing scissors to the grocery store so I can snip off the tough ends right there and then and avoid having to pay for the parts I won’t be eating anyway. But then again armed with scissors I might be tempted to cut off only the asparagus tips – since that’s really the best part – I highly doubt the grocery store employees would appreciate that though.
A sophisticated yet simple appetizer
10 minsPrep Time
20 minsCook Time
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole drain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 pound gruyere, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix parsley, gruyere, garlic and mustard until combined.
- Spread mix evenly on each slice of bacon. Place 4-5 asparagus stalks in the center of each bacon slice and wrap the bacon around the asparagus bundles.
- Place bundles on lightly greased baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, until bacon is cooked through and looks slightly crispy.