This vegetarian Asian Noodle Soup is absolutely delicious. When you are craving for a hot soup after a tiring work day, this soup will not disappoint you.
The other day I was coming home from catering and was craving for soup.
Vegetarian Asian noodle soup to be exact.
And since E (one of my catering partners) had just given me some bok choy to try, which I had never cooked with before, I figured it would make a great addition to the soup.
I really needed this to be delicious.
But when the broth came to a boil I started to have my doubts.
I didn’t have any home made broth so had to go with the carton kind and I was starting to think that it would just ruin the flavor of the whole batch. Thankfully, I couldn’t have been more wrong.
This Asian noodle soup itself was absolutely delicious – exactly what I was looking for. And when I say that I mean I literally couldn’t control myself and ate the entire pot in one sitting. And plan on doing so again as soon as I get my hands on more bok choy – which by the way is my new favorite vegetable.
I mean one person is not supposed to have so much tamari or fish sauce in one day but I literally could not help myself. I needed to eat the whole pot of soup, and honestly could not have been happier that D was away on business and therefore I did not have to share. I know, shame on me, but it’s the truth! I did NOT want to share this Asian noodle soup! So if planning on sharing, make a double batch!
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth home made or organic low sodium
- 4 oz vermicelli thin rice noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce tamari for gluten free
- 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce for vegetarian/vegan version omit this
- 1/4-1/2 lemon juiced
- 2-3 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 can baby corn
- 1/2 pound bok choy sliced
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Bring broth to a boil.
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, fish sauce, lemon juice, Sriracha, chili garlic sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and rice vinegar.
- When broth comes to a boil add vermicelli noodles. Reduce heat to medium, cook for a couple minutes then add sauce mixture. Stir to combine. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add baby corn and cook for a couple minutes. Add bok choy at the last minute.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro, and a splash of sesame oil and Sriracha.