This recipe calls for your choice of ham and tomato pasta which is so perfect for a simple weeknight meal. Both gluten-free and dairy-free.
I have spent the last week in Spain with D’s mom and sister. We flew into Madrid and took a bus down to Malaga, where the Semana Santa, the Holy Week, celebrations have been in full swing.
Several times every single day there have been enormous religious processions going through the main streets in the historic center. Elaborate and incredible floats are carried by at least 200 men, with a full orchestra and men and women in robes following them.
I’ve never seen anything quite like it.
Malaga has been full of people with both Spanish and international tourists flocking to the city to see this once a year processions.
And with Easter upon us I’m guessing you’ll be serving up the traditional ham for Easter dinner. And then you’ll probably have a bunch of leftovers.
What to do with all that ham you ask? I’ve got you covered.
Lightly pan fried ham makes for a great protein to throw onto this ham and tomato pasta dish. Get it lightly charred and crispy in the pan and then continue to toss together with fresh cherry tomatoes, a bit of cream, cheese, onions, garlic, etc.
Perfect for a simple weeknight meal, especially with all that leftover Easter ham.
A quick 30 minute creamy pasta dish with ham, tomatoes and fresh herbs
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 6 ounces gluten free pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounces, thinly sliced ham,
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 package cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- handful fresh basil, slivered
- Heat oil over medium heat and add ham. Cook until lightly crispy on both sides and remove from pan. Cut the ham into smaller pieces.
- In the same pan over medium heat cook onions for a few minutes and then add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil, continuing to cook until saw has thickened a bit. Add ham back to the pan.
- Serve sauce over pasta, garnished with fresh basil.