A creamy seafood pasta recipe with a mix of mussels, shrimp, squid and a thick rich sauce made with cheese, cream, sour cream and butter. Super decadent and delicious!
When it comes to pasta I always think a white sauce is better than a red sauce.
More calories? Absolutely, but who’s counting? Once you commit yourself to pasta, why not just go all the way. If you’re going to calorie count, stick with a salad.
Of course you can use low fat/non fat cream cheese, milk, sour cream, whatever you use to make the white sauce… but I never do.
The way I see it – I’d rather eat half the food with all the flavor than a full plate of food with half the flavor.
I mean, maybe low fat/non fat doesn’t take away half the flavor….but I think it’s close to that.
I won’t lie – this dish is pretty high in calories – but don’t worry, as long as you have it for breakfast – you still have all day to work it off : )
This is an incredibly rich and creamy pasta dish with a whole mix of different seafood and various veggies as well.
The pasta itself has lemon and pepper flavoring in it already so it really complements the seafood mix. If you can’t get to a Trader Joe’s any seafood mix and fettuccine nests, linguine, or fettuccine will do. I personally recommend getting to Trader Joe’s though, if you can. I think the store has a great selection of weird and quirky products that are great to try. I’ve heard complaints about their pre-made/prepared foods but I’ve never tried those so can’t comment on that. But their cheese selection is great. And they have $3 wines AND they come in real glass bottles (unlike Franzia).
What I love about coming home to visit my parents is that they’re big fans of Trader Joe’s as well – meaning at any time there are at least 15 different types of cheese in the fridge.
And plenty of bottles of Trader Joe’s wine – and not the $3 stuff – the real good stuff. So it’s a perfect pasta dinner with the appropriate wine pairing as well.
A rich and creamy pasta recipe with seafood and a cream and cheese based sauce.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 pound seafood mix
- 6 oz pasta, cooked according to package directions (use gluten free pasta for gluten free version)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat and add garlic, mushrooms and 2 green onions. Cook for a few minutes then add the seafood and continue cooking until seafood is cooked through. Place mixture in separate bowl.
- In same pan heat 2 tablespoons butter and add the remaining ingredients. Cook until bubbly. Add seafood vegetable mixture and mix to combine. Serve over pasta and garnish with green onions.