A simple bacon mushroom tomato pasta dish that will have you begging for seconds. Tagliatelle Pasta with Bacon, Mushrooms and Tomatoes in a creamy sauce.
The other day we took our first ride share. What is that you ask? Well it’s when you find a random person driving in the direction you’re heading and ask them for a lift. It seems to be pretty popular in Europe with various websites where you can search for people offering seats in their car.
It all worked out perfectly. We simply pitched in $56 (for gas and tolls) and were able to cross the entire length of Switzerland and be dropped off in Bregenz Austria. The train costs to do the same journey would have been $240. Pretty nice chunk of chance we saved if you ask me.
So now this is going to be my new thing. Looking for ride shares everywhere we go. The guy driving was a Romanian phd student living in Munich Germany. We had some nice chit chat and he even recommended a few things to see in Romania and Germany. Free tips from a local? I’ll take them.
So what does this have to do with pasta? Well, absolutely nothing. I just wanted to share my excitement for a new method of transportation we’ve tested out.
As for the pasta? I’m pretty excited about that too. This bacon mushroom tomato pasta easy to make with just a handful of ingredients. If I’m able to make these kinds of dishes when I’m merely buying ingredients for the 5 day span that I am renting an apartment and not staying in hostels, all you out there with your fully stocked kitchen will definitely be able to make this.
I mentioned my new love for creme fraiche before, but seriously, try this magical French sour cream asap. The bacon in this bacon mushroom tomato pasta recipe was sold in France in chopped up pieces packaged as “ladrons” which I take to mean a thicker less greasy bacon, so try to buy the thicker cut one in US stores. For the mushrooms, when cooking them don’t crowd the pan. If you’ve seen Julie&Julia you’ll know what I mean.
Overall feel free to play with the ingredients in this bacon mushroom tomato pasta recipe and add in your own touch.
A simple dinner dish that will have you begging for seconds. Tagliatelle Pasta with Bacon, Mushrooms and Tomatoes in a creamy sauce.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 ounces tagliatelle, cooked according to package directions
- 4-8 ounces lardons pancetta or bacon (pancetta or bacon cut into matchsticks)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6-8 large cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 4-5 sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup emmentaler cheese, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat pan over medium heat and add ladrons. Cook until starting to get crispy and set aside in the pan. Cook mushrooms in single layer until lightly browned on each side (taking turns with the mushrooms so as not to crowd the pan).
- Mix together mushrooms and ladrons and add tomatoes and garlic to the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to the pan and mix. Add creme fraiche and grated cheese. Reduce heat to low and mix until everything is thoroughly combined and cheese has melted.