This pesto salmon salad with avocado is full of flavors and makes a complete meal, ready in just 30 mins. High in protein, this pesto salmon salad is gluten free and dairy free too.
I’ve just spent the last week with my parents in Australia. We’ve split up our time between visiting friends and family in Sydney and taking a driving tour through Tasmania.
It’s been a whirlwind of a week – full of lots of new experiences, sights, sounds, tastes, and great times spent with loved ones.
One thing we have definitely been doing is eating a ton of fresh seafood. During our 5 days in Tasmania we had oysters every single day, ranging from getting them at fancy restaurants, down to stopping right by the oyster farm itself and seeing them plucked out of the water.
And fish galore. I’ve tasted so many new types of fish that I’ve got to get my hands on and start cooking with myself.
Until I do though, there’s always good old salmon. I go back and forth with salmon. Sometimes I love it and eat it all the time, then I get bored with it and we separate for a while. I’m back to loving salmon currently.
Whether its freshly grilled or blackened or smoked it’s always good with avocado.
So if you’re looking for a fresh lunch option this pesto salmon salad with avocados, and a few other special ingredients is perfect.
Gluten free and dairy free too!
A salad full of flavors! Perfect as a full course dinner meal. High in protein and healthy too.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- salmon steak
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- soy sauce (use gluten free tamari for gluten free version)
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- salad leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 lime, juiced, divided
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- Add a dash of soy sauce, salt and a little bit of lime juice onto both sides of the salmon steak.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add thinly sliced garlic. Cook until it starts to brown and then remove the garlic. Increase heat to medium-high and add the salmon steak, once the oil is hot, cooking it on both sides until browned.
- In a small bowl combine remaining lime juice with pesto, for the dressing.
- In a large bowl combine salad leaves, cucumber, capers, avocado, red onion, and top with the dressing. Toss until combined.
- When salmon steak is cooked through, cut it up into large bite sized pieces.
- Top the salad with the salmon and the crispy fried garlic.