Photo Updated August 2012
Quesadillas are great because they’re incredibly easy to make. And you can make them better (and cheaper) at home than at your local TGIF, Applebees, UNO’s, you name it. These I made with chicken, cheese and green onions. But, you can really add whatever you want or have on hand. This is a great dish if you have leftover roasted chicken (and don’t just want to eat it plain). All you have to do is cut it up into bite sized pieces, cook for a few mins in 2 tablespoons of butter and you’ve got your filling. Or you can grill 1-2 chicken breasts and then shred or cut into bite sized pieces. Serve this as an appetizer or dinner entrée, either way it takes less than 30 mins to make.
- 2 flour tortillas
- 4 ounces mexican blend shredded cheese (or substitute with cheddar, monterey jack, etc)
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1-2 chicken breasts grilled/cooked and shredded (or use 2 cups leftover roasted chicken)
- 1-2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. On half of each tortilla sprinkle one ounce of the cheese. Heat in oven until cheese has melted, and remove.
- On side with melted cheese place shredded chicken pieces and 1 sliced green onion per tortilla. Top with one ounce cheese (for each tortilla). Fold over other half of the tortilla.
- In pan melt oil over medium heat and cook 1 tortilla at a time, a couple mins per side, until lightly browned.
- Slice into 4 wedges, sprinkle with green onions, and serve with sour cream and guacamole. (I just mashed up an avocado and mixed it with sliced tomato, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cilantro)