Top Round Steak Stir Fry is ready in 30 minutes and make for the perfect Asian themed weeknight dinner. Tender juicy beef mixed with veggies and coated in a soy based glaze. Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
Another stir fry recipe!
This one uses top round steak instead of my usual flank steak though.
This cut of meat is not as tender as flank steak which is why marinating it overnight is really crucial. On the plus side top round steak is definitely cheaper than flank steak, so your grocery bill will be lower with this cut of meat! Always a plus for me since I normally go way overboard on my grocery shopping trips and find the shopping cart practically overflowing with the massive amount of groceries I’ve piled up within it.
You can really use any vegetables you like in stir fry – I used onions and (frozen) haricot verts (fancy version of green beans) because that’s what I had on hand. In reality you could go with whatever you like. I imagine broccoli, carrots, baby corn, and different kinds of beans would all work well.
This is one of those perfect low fuss weeknight meals where you do half of the prep work the night before, then the marinade does its magic in the fridge and the following night all you’ve got to do is slice up some veggies and get that wok heated.
I served this dish with rice – which I boiled in beef broth instead of water. Using broth instead of water when making rice really enhances and changes the flavor. You can use the canned broth or the dry cubes mixed with water (I prefer the dry cubes). Of course you would be best off using freshly made beef broth from scratch but who’s got the time for that on a busy weeknight right?
Though if you do put in the time, that rice will simply be unbeatable.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Let me know what you think of this top round steak stir fry in the comments below!
If you have other recipe ideas for top round steak please share them in the comments below!
- 1/2 pound top round steak thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/2 -1 cup frozen or fresh never canned green beans
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, vegetable oil, garlic, 1 green onion, and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds in a bowl. Add steak strips to bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in wok or frying pan over medium-high heat and add meat and marinade, cooking until browned on both sides (~5 minutes). Place meat in separate bowl and add onions and green beans to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add meat back to pan and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice, garnish with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and 1 green onion.
- **To 1/2 cup raw rice add 1 cup beef broth, after boiling turn heat down to low and simmer, covered 15 minutes or until rice is cooked through and liquid has evaporated.