I love having eggs for breakfast. So much that I actually look forward to breakfast every night before I go to bed. I love being able to wake up, walk over to the kitchen and sip my coffee while I make breakfast for myself.
This is definitely one of the things I’ve enjoyed about slow travel, now that we’re renting an apartment in Thailand for over a month I get to enjoy this kind of living every day.
It’s nice to not have to rush in the morning. When I was working in DC I woke up 20 minutes before I had to leave for work and was always running around trying to get myself together and make myself some breakfast.
I never did eat breakfast at home though – not enough time. I would bring my boiled eggs to work and just eat them at my work desk while logging into my email.
Not exactly an enjoyable or glamorous breakfast.
Now that has all changed though. The other day I made these breakfast egg sandwiches which were just perfect. With a lightly gooey egg with melted cheese on top, sandwiched in between two pieces of toasted bread topped with mustard mayo and avocado.
Could I ask for anything more?
Seriously the best breakfast sandwich ever.
Try to beat that McDonald’s and all the other fast food chains!
Quite simply the best sandwich breakfast ever. Toasted bread, with a fried egg, cheese, avocado and mustard and mayo. Start the day off right!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- few slices of sharp cheddar cheese (omit for dairy free version)
- 4 slices bread (use gluten free bread for gluten free version)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- small lemon wedge
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat and crack eggs onto pan. Cook until whites are cooked through and eggs are still runny. In the middle of cooking eggs top egg whites with cheese. Add salt to taste.
- Toast bread.
- Spread mayo on 2 slices of bread and mustard on the other two.
- To make the sandwich place avocado slices on the mayo bread and squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top.
- Top the avocado with 1 egg on each slice of bread and then top with the mustard bread.