Quite simply the best breakfast egg sandwich ever. Toasted bread, with a fried egg, cheese, avocado and mustard and mayo. Start the day off right!
I love having eggs for breakfast. So much that I actually look forward to breakfast every night before I go to bed. I love being able to wake up, walk over to the kitchen and sip my coffee while I make breakfast for myself.
This is definitely one of the things I’ve enjoyed about slow travel, now that we’re renting an apartment in Thailand for over a month I get to enjoy this kind of living every day.
It’s nice to not have to rush in the morning. When I was working in DC I woke up 20 minutes before I had to leave for work and was always running around trying to get myself together and make myself some breakfast.
I never did eat breakfast at home though – not enough time. I would bring my boiled eggs to work and just eat them at my work desk while logging into my email.
Not exactly an enjoyable or glamorous breakfast. Mostly just a sad way to start the day! Well no more of that!
Now that has all changed though. The other day I made this breakfast egg sandwich which was just perfect. With a lightly gooey egg with melted cheese on top, sandwiched in between two pieces of toasted bread topped with mustard mayo and avocado. I mean these are all my favorite ingredients in one place pretty much. I live for avocados, eggs and mayo, and the mustard thrown in just adds even more flavor to this breakfast egg sandwich.
While I normally just have eggs and avocado for breakfast, sometimes I do treat myself to this comforting carb loaded breakfast egg sandwich.
Seriously this breakfast egg sandwich is the best breakfast sandwich ever.
Try to beat that McDonald’s and all the other fast food chains!
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- few slices of sharp cheddar cheese omit for dairy free version
- 4 slices bread use gluten free bread for gluten free version
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- small lemon wedge
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat and crack eggs onto pan. Cook until whites are cooked through and eggs are still runny. In the middle of cooking eggs top egg whites with cheese. Add salt to taste.
- Toast bread.
- Spread mayo on 2 slices of bread and mustard on the other two.
- To make the sandwich place avocado slices on the mayo bread and squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top.
- Top the avocado with 1 egg on each slice of bread and then top with the mustard bread.