I simply cannot get enough soup. While we were renting an apartment in Malaysia in March I was making a new batch of soup almost every day.
Not only did I want soup all the time, but I wanted a new and different soup for every meal.
And so this is how my vegan and gluten free black bean soup came to be.
I was scrounging the web for black bean soup ideas and found a few that I quickly adapted into my own creation.
A pureed black bean soup topped with red onions, avocados, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice is simply the best.
And so easy to make.
A total winner.
Definitely one of my new favorite soup recipes.
A simple vegan and gluten free black bean soup that is perfect served with avocados, red onions, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 40 ounces canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- salt, to taste
- To serve: cubed avocado, thinly sliced red onion, diced cilantro and squeeze of lime juice
- Heat oil in pot over medium heat and cook carrot, onion and celery for a few minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Add cumin and red pepper flakes and stir. Add black beans and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- For a smooth soup puree in a blender.
- Serve sprinkled with cubed avocado, red onion, cilantro and lime juice.
This post has been shared on Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays Inspiration Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Natural Living Mondays, Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Wednesday Round Up, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Wellness Wednesdays , Full Plate Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Gluten Free Friday, Share Your Stuff Tuesdays, Get Him Fed Friday,