Salmon, red rice veggie bowls with roasted red pepper sauce are the ultimate feel good dinner meal. Think hearty rice, topped with soft tender salmon, roasted asparagus and zucchini and drizzled with a creamy tahini roasted red pepper sauce. Gluten Free and Dairy Free.
Oh salmon, salmon, my all time favorite fish. And hello red rice my new favorite way to eat red rice. So while renting an apartment in Medellin, Colombia, in a health food store I stumbled across a bag of red rice.
Umm yes please, throw that into the cart.
And then I looked at the receipt after my purchase.
$10 for 500 grams of red rice. The equivalent of 2-3 cups. Woops. And that’s why it didn’t have a price tag right on the bag. So I knew I needed to make something amazing with the red rice, something deserving of the price tag. A real winner meal.
Meet your new favorite dinner – healthy salmon, red rice, veggie bowls with roasted red pepper sauce. We’re talking crunchy hearty red rice, and lightly crisped up soft, flaky, tender salmon + oven roasted irresistible asparagus with zucchini. And if that wasn’t enough on its own, we’re then going to pour a creamy and rich roasted red pepper and tahini sauce on top.
Remember when I first made oven roasted red peppers from scratch for the first time ever just months ago and then became obsessed with them and made (vegan creamy roasted red pepper soup, and then vegan creamy roasted red pepper pasta, and finally red snapper fillets with romesco sauce)? Well this roasted red pepper sauce is a welcome addition to the roasted red pepper club.
While I did not roast my own peppers this time (gasp, I know) trust me this is delicious even with the jarred ones (so imagine the flavor explosion if you make your own).
These healthy fish + veggie + rice bowls might just be my new favorite meal. I needed seconds, and thirds immediately. The sauce is seriously finger licking good as is every other component of this dish. Make a huge batch and eat for days. And yes there are a lot of components to this dish but it is all worth it in the end.
And speaking of healthy dinners – I’m happy to announce that I am hosting a giveaway with a handful of a bunch of other fabulous food bloggers. Healthy cooking at home can be difficult to get started so let Hello Fresh help you out. They provide various meal planning delivery kits focused on fresh healthy products. Enter below to win $500 worth of healthy meals!
One lucky winner will win $500 of Hello Fresh healthy meal kits! Enter below for a chance to win!
The giveaway will run for 2 weeks ending on March 28th at 11:59 PM.
Giveaway is open to US readers only.
Salmon, red rice veggie bowls with roasted red peppers are the ultimate feel good dinner meal. Think hearty rice, topped with soft tender salmon, roasted asparagus and zucchini and drizzled with a creamy tahini roasted red pepper sauce. Gluten Free and Dairy Free.
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 cup red rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, tough end cut off
- 6 small zucchini, cut into thirds lengthwise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons water (optional - as needed to thin out the sauce)
- Cook red rice according to package directions (add rice and 2 cups of water to a pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 40-45 mins)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss asparagus and zucchini with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet in single layer and bake for 20-30 minutes, turning over half way, until cooked through.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and add remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add salmon fillet when pan is hot, almost smoked. Cook on each side until browned and cooked through. Cut salmon into 4 pieces.
- In a blender combine sauce ingredients, roasted red peppers, tahini, garlic, coconut milk, smoked paprika and water as needed. Add more water if you desire a more liquidy sauce.
- Serve red rice topped with salmon, roasted veggies and drizzled with sauce.