Can’t say I’ve ever made bread sticks before – outside of my 2 year long working experience at Domino’s pizza of course – where I frequently baked them both for the customers and for my own personal consumption. So what I mean to say is I’ve never made them at home before. But with this month’s Taste & Create (where you are paired with a fellow blogger and supposed to make 1 recipe off their blog) I chose to make bread sticks off of The Bad Girl’s Kitchen Blog. Not too complex, brushed with butter and sprinkled with cheese and spices – these baked up to perfection in 15 minutes flat. To spice things up I made a basil/arugula pesto as the dipping sauce, instead of the traditional marinara. A perfect mid afternoon snack.
Recipe Adapted from The Bad Girl’s Kitchen Blog
A home made bread sticks recipe that's easy to make yet delicious.
75 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 4 tablespo0ns melted butter
- garlic powder
- parsley, chopped
- parmesan, grated
- In a large bowl/pot dissolve yeast in water. Added 2 tablespoons melted butter, sugar, salt, and 2 cups flour. Mix until combined then gradually add 1 1/2 cups flour. Continue to mix for 5 minutes.
- Cover and let rest in a warm place for 50-60 minutes, punching down the dough every 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll the dough out 1/2 inch thick and using a pizza cutter slice the dough in half (horizontally) and then into strips.
- Brush each strip with melted butter, sprinkle with cheese and spices and place seasoned side down on greased baking sheet. Repeat on the other side and with all remaining strips.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly brown on top.