This roasted mushroom and artichoke salad make for the perfect appetizer and is ready within minutes. Gluten free and vegan too!
While I was home I visited the grocery store a lot. Some people like to go on clothing shopping sprees – not me, too stressful for me – I’m for of a supermarket shopper.
So it’s no surprise I was regularly at Whole Foods.
And as I was waiting for something at the deli counter I happened to glance over at the prepared foods section.
Now I had no intention of ordering anything from there, I was trying to fit in as much cooking in as possible while I was home, but I was just curious what they had over there.
One dish in particular caught my eye. There was a mushroom, artichoke and red pepper salad with some green herbs. Cue the lightbulb going off in my head.
Talk about a dinner appetizer.
I would make my own version of this dish at home.
Incredible. 15 minutes start to finish and you have a delicious home made meal starter. Take that whole foods prepared food sections.
Make this yourself at home.
15 minutes start to finish and you have a sophisticated delicious appetizer. Vegan and gluten free.
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 portabella mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup canned/marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Set mushrooms aside and add garlic. Cook until just aromatic and mix with mushrooms.
- To the pan add red pepper and artichoke hearts. Cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Turn off heat. Add cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Serve warm.