Only eight ingredients needed for this 30 minute fall weeknight favorite Chicken Bolognese with Pumpkin and Rosemary. The ultimate easy to make comfort meal.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PickedAtPeak #CollectiveBias
Sometimes all you need in life is a good hearty bowl of pasta. Better yet one that comes together in 30 minutes or less, and that only requires eight ingredients. And is packed full of fall goodness –> aka pumpkin + rosemary. Welcome my new favorite weeknight dinner – chicken bolognese with pumpkin, rosemary and Prego Farmers’ Market® Roasted Garlic Sauce.
If you know me, you know I am not a huge pasta fan. I never order it when I go out to eat, always confident that I can make a better homemade pasta at home from scratch when the craving really strikes.
And sometimes the craving is there. There’s just something about cool fall nights that get your stomach grumbling for a solid comforting hot steaming hearty meal.
It’s no longer salad season.
We need those extra carbs to prepare for a harsh winter.
Since I rarely make pasta, I never have pasta sauce on hand at home, but I was excited to check out this Prego Farmers’ Market® sauce, especially when I found out there’s a roasted garlic flavor. Yes please.
You know I love my garlic right? There can never be enough garlic if you ask me. The ingredient for the sauce are picked at peak and made with the kind of product you can find at the local farmers market – think vine ripened tomatoes and such.
When combined with a mixture of pan seared ground chicken, red onions, garlic and grated pumpkin the sauce was magical.
Throw in a bit of coconut cream to make it cream and nutritional yeast for a chessey finish and dinner was ready.
Less than 30 minutes is all you need to put together this chicken bolognese.
Serve on your pasta of choice – I used a gluten free rotini, but tagliatelle, spaghetti, etc would all work here too.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped rosemary for a fall flavored finish.
Honestly this sauce is so so rich, hearty and delicious that I want to say the pasta itself is optional. I’m actually perfectly happy just eating the pasta sauce by itself.
And then I can have even more of it. No pasta taking up any valuable space in my stomach.
So if you’re a pasta sauce lover just like me, no judgement if you skip the pasta itself and just eat all the sauce.
I totally support that approach.
For everybody else, I know you’re going to love love love this chicken bolognese pasta recipe. Think simple fresh ingredients, minimal prep time, practically no mess and a hearty comfort meal perfect for a fall weeknight dinner.
The grated pumpkin basically melts right into the sauce creating an even creamier final dish. The coconut cream and nutritional yeast add a nice dairy free creamy touch, diluting the strong tomato flavor just enough to make this sauce tomato based but not overwhelmingly so.
Be sure to try this chicken bolognese the next time you’re craving pasta!
- 9 ounces gluten free pasta prepared according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 jar Prego Farmers' Market® Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup grated pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast optional
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- salt/pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add ground chicken and cook until browned. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Add red onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Prego Farmers' Market® Roasted Garlic sauce and grated pumpkin.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add nutritional yeast (optional) and mix.
- Serve sauce on top of pasta topped with fresh rosemary.