This Creamy Shrimp Pasta recipe is packed with fresh seafood flavors and a rich and delicious goat cheese based sauce with both fresh cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice for an explosion of flavor.
I went home for the weekend for my mom’s bday.
Which basically meant I was on kitchen duty breakfast, lunch and dinner. (Not that I’m complaining or anything).
This recipe was a big hit with mom n gma – dad not so much – he doesn’t like shrimp so I didn’t expect him to be impressed with this one.
Most importantly this shrimp cheese pasta recipe only take 20-30 minutes from start to finish. While the pasta water is heating up you have all the time you need to prep the other ingredients.
And the flavors mix together really well. I especially recommend using the Trader Joe’s Garlic Basil Linguine pasta. So if you’re looking for a quick lunch or dinner here it is.
I’ve also made this creamy shrimp pasta recipe for my cousin and one of my closest friends and they both fell heads over heels in love with this. They simply could not stop showering me with compliments and let’s face it, nothing make the cook happier than that. Are ya with me?
They have since requested this dish multiple times and I’m always happy to make it for them.
There really is just something about how the goat cheese coats the thin pasta noodles and the fresh burst from the sweet and mini cherry tomatoes, paired with pan fried and lighty crispy shrimp and a squeeze or fresh and tart lemon juice.
Yes please, I’ll happily take this creamy shrimp pasta as a quick weeknight meal any night. It probably helps a lot that I absolutely love shrimp and could probably eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner.
If you share my love of shrimp I guarantee you’ll fall for this creamy shrimp pasta dish too.
Recipe Adapted From Confections of a Foodie Bride
Creamy Shrimp Pasta is packed with fresh seafood flavors and a rich and delicious goat cheese based sauce with both fresh cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice for an explosion of flavor.
- 8 oz linguine I used Trader Joe's Garlic Basil Linguine (use gluten-free pasta for gluten-free version)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 3/4-1 pound medium shrimp peeled
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes sliced
- 2-3 lemon wedges
- 2-3 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes halved
- lemon pepper salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Heat butter over medium heat and add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1 minute.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and shrimp. When shrimp is cooked through remove pan from heat and add juice from 1 lemon wedge. Add goat cheese, stirring to combine, and 1/8-1/4 cup reserved pasta water (until mixture reaches desired consistency). Add cherry tomatoes. Mix to combine.
- Serve with linguine pasta, garnishing with parsley and lemon wedge. Add salt and lemon pepper to taste.