A rich chocolately, nutty, smooth dessert – these 6 ingredient 80 calorie honey chocolate cashew truffles are ready in 15 minutes and will be your new favorite dessert.
If you know me at all you know that I am not a huge fan of dessert.
I know. It’s the truth. I mean I’m all for Reeses Peanut Butter Oreo cheesecake, creme brulee and panna cotta, but for everything else it’s got to be really special, and I mean reeeeeeeally special to catch my attention.
Well these little honey chocolate cashew truffles have got my attention. And they deserve yours too.
Made with only six ingredients – tahini, Nektar Honey Granules, cinnamon, peanut butter, cashews and cocoa powder, these little balls are simply magical.
They are nutty, smooth, chocolately, soft and rich. Oh so rich.
Seriously splurge on some good quality cocoa powder. It makes all the difference.
For an added touch I decided to give these a dusting of cocoa powder, honey granules and cinnamon powder.
Think fairy dust.
Honey chocolate cashew truffles rolled around in fairy dust.
At only 80 calories a truffle I consider these a fairly guilt free treat – especially considering they are made from scratch from all good healthy ingredients.
Whip these up quickly in the food processor and form into 8 truffles. I consider a serving size to be two truffles, though if you’re asking D, the boyfriend, he might up a serving size to about six or seven.
You won’t be able to take your hands off these!
To seriously entice you to make these as soon as possible I’m also hosting a giveaway! Enter below to win your very own jar of Nektar Honey Crystals!
What’s that you say? You know sticky honey that makes a mess all the time and drips all over the bottles and ends with sticky fingers leaving honey marks everywhere?
Well imagine I told you, you can now have honey without the mess – with granulated honey crystals instead of the liquid honey you’re used to. Pretty cool right? It’s works well in dry spice rubs (which I used to make Paprika Honey Chicken) or in truffles like these!
The giveaway ends on 11/23 so enter today!
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons Nektar Honey Crystals
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon good quality cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup cashews
- for rolling the truffles:
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Nektar Honey Crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon Nektar Honey Crystals and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Mix. Set aside.
- Add cashews to a food processor and process until broken up into small pieces, almost crumbs. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor.
- Form 8 small balls out of the mixture. Freeze for 15-30 minutes or until desired firmess.
- Roll each truffle in the cocoa, honey cinnamon mix.
This post is sponsored by Nektar but as always all opinions expressed here are my own.