One Pot 30 minute Mexican Quinoa Salad with seared corn, black beans, red onions, jalapeno and cilantro. A vegan and gluten-free dinner doesn’t get easier than this!
I spent January and February of this year living in Mexico; split between San Miguel de Allende and Playa del Carmen. So, it’s safe to say I’ve had enough Mexican food and Mexican flavors to last a lifetime.
And trust me, it wasn’t all tacos, though I can’t deny I had my fair share of those too.
This Mexican quinoa salad I made while D and I were renting an adorable Airbnb decorated and built in gorgeous Mexican style in the hillside mountain city of San Miguel de Allende.
While there was no shortage of Mexican eateries in the area, I was craving quinoa and I had all the other Mexican themed ingredients, so that’s how this Mexican quinoa came to be.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients, namely; canned black beans, quinoa, corn on the cob, limes, cilantro, red onions and jalapenos.
These are the star ingredients for this vegan Mexican quinoa salad and they all in a burst of flavor. The quinoa needs to be boiled and cooked, while the corn can be cut off the cob and lightly pan fried in a bit of olive oil. I love to cook the quinoa in broth instead of water for additional flavor, but if you don’t have any on hand, just use water.
The cilantro, jalapenos and red onions just need a bit of chopping.
Once that is done, assemble all the ingredients in one large bowl.
For the dressing just whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, cumin and lime juice. This zesty, tangy dressing is light and perfect for this Mexican quinoa salad.
This 30 minute recipe comes together in no time and makes for an easy weeknight dinner. Can be served both hot or cold!
Let me know what you think of this Mexican quinoa salad with corn and black beans in the comments below!
Mexican Quinoa Salad with black beans, corn and cilantro makes for the perfect 30 minute weeknight dinner!
- 1 cup uncooked organic pre-rinsed quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained. (1 can)
- 2 ears of corn cut off the cob
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt pepper to taste
- Combine quinoa and broth in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook, covered for 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, cover and let sit for another 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork once more.
Cook corn in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until lightly caramelized.
- To large bowl add black beans, lime juice, zest, salt pepper, cilantro, cumin and red wine vinegar. Add cooked quinoa and olive oi. Stir until combined. Serve hot or cold.