This tuna pesto sandwich with capers makes for the perfect light lunch. Super easy to prepare with just a few ingredients! Gluten free and dairy free too.
I’m not in New Zealand traveling around with D, one of my best friends from college S and her cousin P. We’ve got our own rental car for the month and are free to travel anywhere we choose.
Got to love the freedom having your own car gives you, oh and of course there’s the added benefit of no longer having to lug those heavy backpacks on our backs everywhere we go.
We’re now getting ready to go to a folk music festival. In all my years I have yet to go to a concert or music festival so I’m pretty excited. Not sure I’m a huge fan of folk music, but with good company it can’t be a bad time.
Should be interesting. We will be there for 2 or 3 nights so have to plan out all our meals.
Lunches will be easy enough – sandwiches for all.
That’s where this tuna pesto sandwich comes in. Instead of the standard tuna mayo combo, go a bit wild and add in some new ingredients. I love to throw in a bit of pesto and some capers. Those two ingredients make all the difference.
This quick and simple tuna pesto sandwich is perfect for a light lunch.
A Tuna sandwich with a twist. Add some pesto and capers to bring like to that boring old tuna sandwich! You'll never be able to go back!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 4 pieces bread (use gluten free bread for gluten free version)
- 1 can tuna in spring water, drained and flaked with a fork
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2-4 tablespoons pesto (use vegan pesto for dairy free version)
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine tuna, mayo, salt, cucumbers and capers.
- Toast bread and spread thin layer of pesto on each slice. Top pesto with 1/2 the tuna mix and the other slice of bread.
- Repeat with the other sandwich.