Sometimes a really quick and simple dinner is all you’re looking for.
You don’t even need it to be spectacular – just easy to make and filling. That’s all I was looking for when I decided to make this pasta with white clam sauce recipe.
And to my surprise it wasn’t just quick and filling – it was really good too. A perfect dinner option when you haven’t gone grocery shopping in a while and therefore have no fresh vegetables left. : /
Not to worry – you can still serve a delicious meal. If you’re looking for a bit of a challenge – skip the canned clams and go for the real fresh ones. I’m not ready for that yet, but maybe you are?
- 8-12 oz gluten-free linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans minced clams, drained with clam juice placed in separate bowl
- ¼ cup wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Parmesan, grated
- basil, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Over medium-high heat heat butter and olive oil. Add garlic once butter has melted and cook for 1 minute.
- Add clam juice and white wine to pan, bring to a simmer, and cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- Add minced clams and heavy cream, stirring to combine. Add salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta, sprinkled with grated Parmesan and chopped basil.