I hear Boston got a lot of snow yesterday. Now I know the snow can be a huge nuisance, what with driving, traffic, snow plowing and all but you can’t argue that it doesn’t create the image of that prefect wintery wonderland.
Now that I do miss. Yes I’ve got my balcony doors open and can smell the sea breeze coming in, all while gazing out at the ocean on this sunny 80 degree day in Thailand, but a bit of snow would be nice too, you know?
There’s just something about the snow that seems so Christmasy, the holidays just don’t feel quite right without a bit of snow on the ground.
Here in Thailand, without a Christmas tree or any holiday decorations in sight, I could just as easily believe that it’s May and not December.
Wherever you are in the world this December I hope you’re enjoying the weather, even if it is a bit of snow.
Oh and if you’re looking for a quick warming dinner or lunch meal – how about a turkey, pesto, tomato and cheese panini?
- turkey cold cuts
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- thinly sliced gruyere cheese
- Spread pesto on 2 slices of bread and mayonnaise on the other two.
- On the mayonnaise side layer turkey, tomato and cheese, top with the pesto piece of bread.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan over medium heat and add the two sandwiches. With a spatula push down on the sandwiches and cook until lightly browned then flip over (add more butter or oil if necessary) and cook on the other side until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.