This Asian Quinoa Pork Burger recipe adds in a burst of sharp Thai flavors to the standard burger recipe. Easy to make and delicious. Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free.
With the 4th of July coming up I’m sure everyone has grilling on the mind. This year with the 4th falling on a Friday this makes for a perfect 3 day weekend for all the full time workers out there (myself not included).
With the summer in full swing it’s the perfect time for a burger.
I’m always brainstorming recipe ideas for different types of burgers and this Asian quinoa pork burger recipe is my newest creation. While my normal go to burger recipe are my zucchini chickpea burgers, I thought it was time for something different.
Ground pork, quinoa, lime, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce and the secret ingredient – the roasted Thai chili paste – yum yum yum.
With the addition of Thai ingredients this burger simply springs to life.
It’s got sharp fresh flavors and is simply perfect without the bun, wrapped up in crispy lettuce leaves instead. The tangy sauce gets a nice kick from the roasted thai chili paste (seriously one of my favorite Thai ingredients) so drizzle that generously on these burgers.
So who says burgers can’t be light and low carb?
Try these Thai themed quinoa and ground pork burgers as a new addition to your summer grilling meals.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the burgers:
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon gluten free tamari
- 1 teaspoon gluten free fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon roasted thai chili paste
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ lime, juiced
- splash gluten free fish sauce
- splash gluten free tamari
- dollop of roasted thai chili paste
- Combine ingredients for the burgers in a large bowl. Mix until combined. With your hands form patties out of the mixture.
- In a small bowl combine sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Cook on the grill or heat pan over medium heat and add oil. Cook burgers for a few minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with sauce on burger buns or lettuce.
This post has been shared on Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Inspiration Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Natural Living Mondays, , Hot Fun in the Summertime , Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday,Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Wednesday Round Up, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Wellness Wednesdays , Full Plate Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Simple Meals Friday Gluten Free Friday, Get Him Fed Fridays,