Recently I’ve seen a lot of food bloggers posting recipes for hasselback potatoes. This past weekend I decided to give them a whirl. And I can safely say this will be my go to baked potato recipe from now on. Sure you need to bake them for a whole hour – but it’s well worth the wait (and now that it’s getting colder I’m sure you won’t mind the oven heating up your kitchen).
Crispy fanned potato edges with the soft center underneath. Delicious. Feel free to play around with the ingredients. I used sharp cheddar, Parmesan, butter, garlic powder, dried basil and paprika. Oh and to top it all off – the potatoes look pretty cool when they’re done.
Switch up your standard baked potatoes and make hasselback potatoes instead.
10 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 baking potatoes
- olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Parmesan (not the powdered/shredded kind)
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- spices - dried basil, garlic powder, paprika, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes clean and cut off a small slice on the bottom of the potato so you can easily stand it up on a cutting board. Make cuts in the potato (without going all the way through), every 1/8-1/4 inch.
- Alternate between placing slices of Parmesan cheese and butter in each sliver.
- Salt the potatoes and sprinkle with various spices.
- Place potatoes on slightly greased baking sheet. Bake 45 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake another 15 minutes (or until cooked through).