Swordfish Kabobs with Mushroom and Vegetables – One of my favorite things about summer is that it’s grilling season. Time for outdoor cooking!
One of my favorite things about summer is that it’s grilling season. No need to turn on the oven or the stove just head out to your grill and cook everything there. Meat, fish, shellfish, vegetables, it all cooks to perfection on the grill. One of the downsides of city living is the lack of open space and grills. Though some apartments have grills for resident to use, my apartment building sadly does not offer this luxury (we do have a pool though).
So now that I’m home visiting my parents for the week I’m taking full advantage of outdoor cooking.
Today for lunch we had grilled Swordfish kabobs with mushroom and vegetables with grilled shrimp. All you need is a simple marinade and the flavors come alive. With minimal oil this is a perfectly healthy and low calorie meal. If you’ve never had swordfish I urge you to try swordfish kabobs immediately. A firm and oily fish, swordfish holds up perfectly on the grill without falling apart as other fish do. I snagged a piece on sale at Whole Foods today ($14 a pound, marked down from $21). Not a bad discount at all, for an incredibly rich fish. For the vegetables to go on the swordfish kabobs, we went with red peppers, zucchini and baby bella mushrooms. Red pepper is ok grilled, not my favorite, but the zucchini and mushrooms were made to be grilled.
Feel free to add your own favorite grilled veggies to the swordfish kabobs. Onions, tomatoes, etc, – all of these will be fabulous too!
What’s your favorite fish to prepare on the grill? For me it has to be swordfish! I love how well it holds up and the firm taste and texture. I’m sure you’ll love this recipe and let me know in the comments below if you do end up making it!
Swordfish Kabobs with Mushrooms and Red Peppers makes for the perfect summer meal made on the grill! Gluten Free and Dairy Free
- 1.3 pounds swordfish cut into large pieces
- 3 small zucchini sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 red peppers cut into large pieces
- 10 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce gluten free tamari
- 3/4 of a lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoons rosemary garlic seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary garlic seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- dash red pepper flakes
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Add swordfish, mushrooms, red pepper and zucchini to the marinade. Mix until thoroughly combined. Let sit 15-30 minutes.
- Add fish and vegetables to bamboo skewers. Grill for a few minutes on each side.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve kebabs with dipping sauce.