Lemon Artichoke Hummus

724 Flares 724 Flares ×
Lemon Artichoke Hummus

lemon artichoke hummus

In college one of my roommates would make hummus and pesto all the time. And so when we all graduated and moved apart I dreamed of having my own food processor to be able to recreate such magical dips and spreads. When D bought me a food processor for my birthday these dreams could finally be fulfilled, and so I started making pesto and hummus all the time. First the traditional standard recipes and then I branched out by adding various ingredients. With that I present this lemon artichoke hummus. If you love artichokes you’re bound to like this. Very simple to make, keeps for days in the fridge and is a great snack with crackers, pita chips, vegetables, you name it. All you need is the hardware and a few key ingredients.

Lemon Artichoke Hummus

Addition of artichokes to hummus makes it even creamier and more delicious!
Recipe type: Snack
  • 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, rinses and drained
  • 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, divided
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • ¼ cup water
  • 6 tablespoons tahini
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ -1 head roasted garlic
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
  • cayenne pepper and fresh parsley to garnish
  1. Combine water and lemon juice in bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together tahini and olive oil.
  2. To the food processor add chickpeas, ¾ cup artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon zest, and salt. Process until chickpeas mostly broken down - use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
  3. With processor running add lemon water through feed chute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to process for 1 minute.
  4. Through the food chute with food processor running add tahini oil mixture and process until smooth.
  5. Place hummus in a bowl, sprinkle with cayenne and parsley. Drizzle with extra olive oil before serving.

724 Flares Pin It Share 660 Twitter 10 Facebook 52 Google+ 0 Reddit 1 StumbleUpon 1 Buffer 0 724 Flares ×

Comments

1. Aylin @ Glow Kitchen says

I never thought of adding artichokes to hummus, but the idea sounds like it would work amazingly. I am going to try this today! Thanks for the recipe!

2. ilovetortilladepatatas says

Love hummus, I am bit obsessed with it too ;) I made artichoke dip a while ago, but I didn’t realize it could paired perfectly with chickpeas!

My problem, basically, is that nobody around me likes artichoke so I have to make them just for me… well, actually I had 2 good friends who love artichoke. So, when I was living in Madrid the three of us celebrated “alcachofa’s night” sometimes :D

• AvocadoPesto says

How could people not like artichokes?! They’re so goood! That’s great you guys would have “alcachofa’s nights.” Whenever I get together with my friends from studying abroad in Madrid we have Spanish nights with at the very least manchego, wine and jamon serrano but sometimes even tortilla and paella!

3. Grace@ FoodFitnessFreshAir says

Great blog. Beautiful photos, and loving all the vegetarian dishes! And of course, I’m a huge hummus fan.

4. billie jo says

wow ~ so yummy! I had bought artichoke hearts and chick peas and wanted to turn them to hummus, and your blog came up in my google search. thankfully, i had purchased sesame seeds and olive oil, so i started with making tahini . . . then waBAM ~ lemon artichoke hummus.

So, about the avocado ~ does it add well to hummus?

and I have last summer’s pesto frozen in the deep freeze, how about a pesto hummus?

thanks so much for the recipe! it makes eating healthy easier.

5. Carla says

Great recipe, have written it down into my personal recipe book! I eat my favorite dips usually with carrots. But must admit that sometimes also with potato chips. But only sometimes :-)

Haha oh yes dip with potato chips – somehow always a more enticing option than dip with carrots! Why can’t potato chips just be healthy? : )