In college one of my roommates would make hummus and pesto all the time. And so when we all graduated and moved apart I dreamed of having my own food processor to be able to recreate such magical dips and spreads. When D bought me a food processor for my birthday these dreams could finally be fulfilled, and so I started making pesto and hummus all the time. First the traditional standard recipes and then I branched out by adding various ingredients. With that I present this lemon artichoke hummus. If you love artichokes you’re bound to like this. Very simple to make, keeps for days in the fridge and is a great snack with crackers, pita chips, vegetables, you name it. All you need is the hardware and a few key ingredients.
Addition of artichokes to hummus makes it even creamier and more delicious!
20 minsPrep Time
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, rinses and drained
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 -1 head roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- cayenne pepper and fresh parsley to garnish
- Combine water and lemon juice in bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together tahini and olive oil.
- To the food processor add chickpeas, 3/4 cup artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon zest, and salt. Process until chickpeas mostly broken down - use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- With processor running add lemon water through feed chute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to process for 1 minute.
- Through the food chute with food processor running add tahini oil mixture and process until smooth.
- Place hummus in a bowl, sprinkle with cayenne and parsley. Drizzle with extra olive oil before serving.
- Recipe Adapated From Savour the Sense Blog